The Altar Of Reason
there's still a web design section coming... Now that uni's finished for the semester I'll try build some more.
But in the meantime...
This is my section of a group project. We built it around the human brain, which became an excuse to do our own thing - I used the theme of 'reason' as a leaping point.
It's a Director project, I have it here in Shockwave format, but it's kind of large (almost 4MB) so broadband only! It's basically about science/reason leading to unreasonable results. And to emphasise just how dodgy such definitions are, it's built around mystical metaphors - hence the Altar, and with text adapted from the Old Testament.
Click the link on the right, which'll popup an 800x600 window, or if you're not allowing popups, this one.
- None of these seem to get in the way (17May2010)
- IE6 and 7 on OSX (20Sep2008)
In which I run IE 6 and 7 on OSX; the entire process using free software
- Random on Windows (15May2007)
In which I am baffled by the mystery that is Windows, and once more wooed by the ease with which one can make Python work, even there
- Now ETagging Right! (17Apr2007)
In which I stop fighting the framework and let Django handle ETags the right way
- Semantics and Style :: Markup for Dialogue (30Dec2006)
- Winter with Django (02Dec2006)
- Drop that double-u-double-u-double-u-dot (08Nov2005)
- Blog/Search (07Oct2005)
- Converting Relative to Absolute links in PHP (preg_replace) (21Sep2005)
- Think You’re Fighting Spam? (14Sep2005)
- BBC backstage access (12May2005)
- funky google trick (28Sep2004)
- The name of this class, ‘abc’, conflicts with the name of another class that was loaded, ‘abc’ (28Jun2004)
- The Altar Of Reason (10Jun2004)
- Domain.com.au Feedback (17May2004)
- aligned with evil (11May2004)
- flash gallery thingy (08Apr2004)