In Defense of Having Children
Having a child isn’t a panacea, or a means to an end, or even an end itself—it’s more a gateway to fuller participation in humanity.
What these baby-struck parents are really gazing at in wonderment is the capacity of the human race to grow and evolve—all playing out right there in their living rooms.
I'm almost convinced.
In Defense of Having Children at The Awl, which is turning out better and better material every week.
- Sucking it Up (23Oct2023)
In which white dudes...
- 2014 Gates Annual Letter: Myths About Foreign Aid (25Jan2014)
- Critiquing Reality TV (13Aug2011)
- Le Flâneur (03Apr2011)
- ‘Sucker Punch’ and the Decline of Strong Woman Action Heroines (29Mar2011)
- On Facebook and Messaging (19Nov2010)
- Geek Luddites and the New Computing (01Nov2010)
- Women in Rock and popular media (18Sep2010)
- In Defense of Having Children (11Aug2010)
- We’re just part of the world, breaking down, or being torn down (20Mar2010)
- This is one reason so many long-time Unix nerds have found themselves so happy using Mac OS X (24Apr2007)
- now the banks are beating the scammers at their own game (21Jul2004)
- Your fetish with the Semantic Web is just an excuse not to organise your thoughts hierarchicly, as God intended (26Feb2004)